Thursday, January 26, 2017

Alicia Colon - The D.C. Women's March and Why I've Never Been a Feminist

I was quite young when the women's movement began in the 1960's but there was something about the fierce rhetoric spouted by the movement leaders that turned me off.
Their speech was peppered with a lot of hate and resentment towards men but more than that, it hypocritically acted offended by phrases like 'Babe' and "broad" while we women routinely called men 'hunks' and in my neighborhood, 'guapo'. Then again the idea that I should burn my bra was beyond ludicrous and I felt that these feminists were light years away from the women who fought for our suffrage with dignity and faith.
Years ago, I received an email from an editor at the liberal Detroit News who expressed interest in my columns and the possibility of my becoming a columnist there. That offer was hotly rescinded by a female editor who read my column for IntellectualCapital.com that expressed amazement at the utter stupidity of some women voters and sarcastically suggested repealing the 19th amendment. Whew. I was told that I was not the type of writer that met their high standards.
Sheesh, these feminists can't take a joke! Read more: http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0117/colon012617.php3

0 comments:

Post a Comment